Situated about 15 km south-west of Amritsar
, Dhand is a historic village in Punjab
. Devotees believe that this village is a sacred place as Guru Hargobind
visited here to fulfill the wish of Bhai Langaha, an old Sikh.
To commemorate the visit of the guru, a gurdwara has been built here in 1929. Constructed by Sant Gurmukh Singh Sevavale, this gurdwara contains a double a storied sanctum and a divan hall. There are two Nishan Sahibs (flags) and the Holy Guru Granth Sahib is kept in the sanctum, on a canopied seat of white marble. The villagers of Dhand celebrate all major Sikh anniversaries with much pomp.
Bus services are available from Amritsar Bus Station. Amritsar International Airport and Amritsar Junction Railway Station serve this area.