Delhi War Cemetery is situated about 11 km from New Delhi
, on the eastern outskirts of Delhi Cantonment. It occupies a flat rectangular site adjoining the existing cantonment cemetery.
It has an imposing entrance of grey dholpur stone, within which is one part of the Dual Memorial to 25,000 men of the Army and Air Force of Undivided India who died during the 1939-45 War. On the left-hand side of the entrance is the Delhi 1914-1918 War Memorial commemorating those 1914-1918 War Dead buried in Meerut Cantonment Cemetery.