Established in 1939, the College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram is situated near Chavadimukku
in the Thiruvananthapuram District
. The institution owes its foundation to the bold and inspired vision of Sree Chitra Thirunal Balarama Varma
, the last ruler of the erstwhile princely state of Travancore. Initially the college was housed in the present PMG Office. It was shifted to its present location in 1960.
Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), the college is affiliated to the University of Kerala. It has eight full-fledged departments offering undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs. Part-time B.Tech, M.Tech and MBA courses are also offered.
The Career Guidance and Placement Unit (CGPU) arranges campus interviews and opportunities for higher studies in India and abroad. A post office, bank, sub-treasury, co-operative society and a canteen are present within the college campus. Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls, and college bus service are also available.
College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram is around 12 km from Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station and 20 km from Trivandrum International Airport.