Church of Our Lady of Rosary, located at the edge of a steep hill near Basalica of Bom Jesus
, is one of the oldest churches in Old Goa
. It is the site where Alfonso de Albuquerque guided his troops to victory in 1510. An inscribed plaque mentioning this can be seen here.
Built of laterite and plastered with lime, the church has a two-storied portico with rounded towers on either side with a cross on the top. There are two chapels and three altars within the church. The main altar is dedicated to the Our Lady of the Rosary.
It is believed that St Francis Xavier taught Catechism to the public here.