Chawand is a historical village located in Udaipur District
. It was the capital of Maharana Pratap
in 1585 and was continued to be the capital city till 1615. Chawand was also a major center of the Mewar School of Painting.
This place is famous for the memorial erected for the noble Pratap. The architecture at Chawand reflects a Spartan Defense - consciousness. Pratap was cremated in the nearby village Bandoli, on the banks of a small stream.
Rishabhdeoji is an important place worth visiting. Chawand is about 35 km west of Udaipur.