Chandwad Fort, also known as Chandor Fort, is located in Nasik District
, in the Sahyadris
. The Mughals
captured the fort in 1635 and later by the Marathas. Again in 1665, the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb
recaptured the fort and finally in 1818, it was handed over to the British. One has to climb a 15 meters rock to reach the top of the fort.