Casa Professa, also known as 'Professed House of the Jesuits', is located on a square Terreiro dos Gallos, in Old Goa
A two-storied laterite building, it was built in 1594 by Jesuits after some local apposition. It was rebuilt in 1663. After the expulsion of the Jesuits in the 18th century, it was under the care of Archbishop of Goa.
Casa Professa's facade is linked to the Basilica of Bom Jesus by a beautiful forecourt. Presently, it hosts retreat movement. A modern art gallery is alongside the building. It is open from 9:00 hrs to 12:30 hrs.