Canara Bank, one of the premier banks in the country, was established in 1906 as the 'Canara Bank Hindu Permanent Fund', by late Sri Ammembal Subba Rao Pai which later blossomed into a limited company as the 'Canara Bank Ltd.' in 1910 and became Canara Bank in 1969 after nationalization. The bank provides a wide range of services such as personal banking, commercial banking, NRI (Non-resident Indian) services, rural and social banking, networked ATMs, telebanking and Remote Access Terminals. The bank was the first among banks to launch networked ATMs and obtain ISO certification. It is also the first bank to be conferred FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) award for contribution to rural development.
The bank, with its head office at Bangalore, presently has a network of over 2,400 branches all over India and one overseas branch at London. The bank has an excellent worldwide correspondent relationship and has the capacity to handle any export, import, remittance and related transactions throughout the world in any currency.