CSI Christ Church is a century old place for worship in Thiruvananthapuram
. The foundation stone of the church was laid on 13th of December, 1858 by members of the British army. The land was donated by the erstwhile rulers of the region. The church was consecrated on Nov 15, 1859.
The earlier services were in English to cater to the British people. Later in 1876, a Malayalam service was introduced for the local population. The church got its first Indian pastor in 1887. Rev P.O Mathen was the first Indian pastor. The church currently conducts worship services in English, Malayalam and Tamil on every Sunday.