Bishop's House, the residence of the Portuguese Governor, is located on a beautiful hillock close to the Parade Ground in Ernakulam District
. The 27th Bishop of the Diocese of Cochin, Domes Jos Gomes Ferreira, acquired this building which was built in 1506. With large gothic arches, it has an impressive fašade. Bishop's House also features a circular garden path leading to the main entrance.