Bandel Church is located in Hooghly district
. It is believed that the church was built in 1660 by Gomez de Soto during the Portuguese settlement. This ancient church has three altars and many tomb stones. The main attraction is a ship mast situated in front of the Church. It was presented by the captain of a vessel which had encountered a storm in Bay of Bengal
and saved by the grace of Virgin. It also houses the statue of ďLady of Happy Voyage."