Mandawa, founded in 1755 by Thakur Nawal Singh, is situated right in the heart of Shekawati region between
. A museum at Mandawa houses a collection of armories, costumes of ancestors, canons from 1820, ancient coins, numismatic, collection and many other interesting items. There are some interesting painted havelies (mansions) and an imposing fort, which now houses the famous hotel in the region. Handicraft shops and touts are clustered around the fort. There are some dilapidated mansions near the fort.
Mandawa is located about 25 km from Jhunjhunu and 275 km from New Delhi.