Adinanagar, now known as Dinanagar, is a historic settlement located on the Amritsar
road (National Highway No 15), in Gurdaspur District
. It is situated 13 km north of the district headquarters, Gurdaspur and is about 23 km south of Pathankot.
Adinanagar derives its name from Adina Beg Khan, who founded the town in AD 1730 (It is 1752 AD according to Dr Hari Ram Gupta). After his death in 1758, Adinanagar and its surrounding areas witnessed many a battle between Kanheya and Ramgarhia Misals. The town came under the reign of Maharaja Ranjit Singh in 1811. Following the annexation of Punjab in 1849, Adinanagar was made the headquarters of a newly carved district with the same name.
Nearest airport is at Amritsar. Adinanagar Railway Station is situated on the Gurdaspur-Amritsar line of Northern Railways.