Bombay High Court, situated at Fort
, is noted for its architectural splendor. It was built in AD 1878 and is a kilometer south-east of Churchgate
This building, conforming to the Gothic architecture, was designed by a British architect, Colonel JA Fuller. The overall structure is constructed using the gray colored basalt stone. The inner chambers feature Venetian style galleries boasting a host of extravagant carvings. The motifs feature a peculiar confluence of 'animal life and the law', wherein monkeys are seen holding scales of justice and foxes don barristerís clothes.
Other images include various animals and birds roaming and playing amidst thick forestation. These images were the creations of the local artisan community, who put some of their own artistic inputs to complement the splendor of the Gothic architecture.
The nearest railhead is the Churchgate Railway Station.