Pampady is a small hamlet in Kottayam District
and is 16 km east of Kottayam
Pampady was under the rule of Thekkumkoor kings up to middle of 16th century. Pampady had three portions - Velloor, Pampady and Thekkan Pampady. Velloor was owned by Kaithamattom Illam. Vennimala, on the western boundary of Pampady, was once the capital of Thekkumkoor. King Marthanda Varma of Venadu captured Thekkumkoor in 1749 and it became the portion of Travancore.
The literal meaning of Pampady is ‘Ananthasayanan,’ the Land of Lord Vishnu, as per
Malayalam Dictionary –'Sabthatharavaly.' Another view is that the name was derived from Payampady - area where water is available.
Vennimala Sri Rama-Laksmana temple and Mor Elias Dayaro are nearby attractions. Government Dispensary of Pampady came into being from 1924. Public Library, Government Engineering College and Rubco Rubber factory are other interest around Pampady. The main institutions functioning here are K G College and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology.
Places around Pampady are Velloor, Alampalli and Poralur.