The lake of Tirumalasagara is 6 km from Melkote
. It is where the Hoysala King Bittideva accepted the Vaishnava faith under the patronage of the sage Ramanujacharya. Nambi Narayana Swamy and the Venugopala Temple on its bank are two beautiful examples of Hoysala architecture. This lake was renamed as Moti Talab or the ‘Lake of Pearls’ by the Adilshahis of Bijapur in 1749 when they annexed this area.