Located in Kudremukh
village is famous for its fort built by
, the Tiger of Mysore
in 1794. The village lies at the foot of a high rock that forms part of the Kudremukh range of hills near Belthangadi.
The fort was formerly known by the name, 'Narasimha Hangadi' and renamed after Tipuís mother Jamalbee. In 1799, the fort was captured by the British. The ruin of the rock on which the fort stands is inaccessible except by one narrow path. The Jamalabad Fort can be visited from February to May.
Gangamoola Hill is a nearby attraction.