Amira Kadal is a bridge located in the heart of Srinagar
in Jammu and Kashmir
. 'Kadal' means bridge. The original Amira Kadal was built by the Afghan governor, Amir Khan Jawan Sher, in the year 1773.
Built across the Jhelum River, this wooden bridge is commonly known as the first bridge of the 'old' bridges in the Kashmir Valley.
The present structure is a pre-stressed concrete bridge. It was inaugurated by Sheikh Muhammad Abdullah on October 20, 1979. Pratap Singh Museum is situated between the Amira Kadal and
Habba Kadal is about 2 km away.