Kangra Fort, also known as the Nagar Kot, is an ancient structure situated on the confluence of the Banganga
and Manjhi Rivers. Perched at a height of 350 ft, it stands to the south-west of Kangra
town, in Himachal Pradesh
Built by Bhuma Chand, the fort is about 1000 years old. It is enclosed by high ramparts and the walls cover a circuit of approximately 4 km. The fort has a main entrance gate (the Ranjit Singh Gate), the Shish Mahal and a polygonal watch tower.
The earliest extant remains inside the fort are Laxmi Narayan Temple and Adinath Temple. Two ponds can be also seen inside the fort. Now, Kangra Fort is looked after by the Archaeological Survey of India.
Kangra is about 18 km south of Dharamsala. Kangra Railway Station is situated 3 km south of Kangra town.