Sujanpur Tira is a historic town situated in Hamirpur District
and is around 25 km north of Hamirpur
The town on the banks of river Beas was once the capital of Maharaja Sansar Chand. In 1758, Abhaya Chand, a Katoch ruler, built a fortified palace top of a hill and the place the name 'Tira' from it.
Sujanpur Tira is known for Pahari painting and is the richest in the wealth of murals in whole of Himachal Pradesh. The Gaurishankara, the Narmadesvara, and the Murali Manohara are the temples at Sujanpur Tira. The place is suitable for adventure sports such as paragliding, angling, rafting, and trekking.
Nearest airport is the Gaggal Airport. Closest broad gauge railway station is at Una.