The Sidi Saiyad Mosque is a renowned ancient mosque in Ahmedabad
, built by Ahmed Shah's slave Sidi Saiyad in 1571. Situated near the famous Lal Darwaja at Bhadra, it was once part of the city wall of Ahmedabad. The most interesting features of the mosque are the fabulous Jhali screens lining its upper walls and the magnificent and exclusive stone tracery. The screens are framed in ten semi-circular windows and are built in Indo-Saracenic style of architecture. The carved stone windows depict the complex intertwining of the branches of the kalpa tree.
Ahmedabad Junction Railway Station is the nearest railhead.