Gurdwara Rakab Ganj was built in 1732 by Lakhi Banjara. The Gurdwara was originally Lakhi Banjara's house where he cremated the mortal remains of the ninth Sikh Guru, Shri Tegh Bahadur. The Guru was beheaded by Mughal emperor Aurungzeb. It is believed that Aurungzeb had ordered that the body of the slain Guru should not be cremated. However, Lakhi Banjara stole the Guru's body at night and cremated the body in his own house. Cremation was done on a pile of sandalwood that at once set the whole house on fire. Ashes were put in an urn and buried. Later, Gurdwara Rakab Ganj was built on the same spot. This historic Gurdwara is located on Pant Road, New Delhi
House. Built in white marble, the Gurdwara overlooks a beautiful garden.