Aranya Devi Temple is located at the Chowk area of Arrah
town in Bhojpur District
. The temple is dedicated to Aranya Devi, the goddess of the forest.
The temple faces the eastern direction. On the western side, there are an image of Nandi, Shivling, three bells and a charity box. The ‘singhasan’ (throne) of two Aranya Devis, which are in the standing pose, is seen inside the temple. These deities are made of black stone. It is believed that both are sisters.
On the northern side of the temple, there are the marble statues of Radha, Krishna, Ram, Sita, Lakshman, Bharat and Shatrughna. These were installed by a local businessman in 1953 AD.
Arrah is about 58 km from Patna. Ara Railway Station is the nearest railhead situated on the Buxar-Patna railway line.