Udgir Fort is a well built fort of Pre-Bahamani age, located at Udgir
in Latur District
. Built in 1493 AD, it was named after the famous Hindu Saint Udaygiri Rishi.
The design of the fort is quadrilateral. The fort has several palaces and durbar halls. The important among them is the Samadhi of Udaygir Maharaj, which is 60 ft beneath the normal ground level. Some rare inscriptions written in Arabic and Persian can be seen inside the fort.
The rampart surrounding the fort is high and made of dressed stone with round bastions. The fort also has a moat, which was always kept filled with water. Badi Baoli, Jeeta Zera, Shakkar Baoli and Som Terth are the four wells situated here.
Udgir is about 60 km east of Latur.
Udgir Railway Station is the nearest railhead.