This church was established by chaplin Rev Henry Fisher on behalf of the East India Company
in 1819 in Meerut cantonment area. It is considered one of the oldest churches in North India. The Church was dedicated to the people by Bishop Wilson. It has a seating capacity of 10,000 people. During the mutiny of 1857, this church was the scene of heavy fighting between the rebels and the British forces.