St Francis Xavier Church is located at Udyavara town of Udupi district
. The foundation stone was laid in 1873. It was the result of the combined effort of 50 poor agriculturist families, under the leadership of the parish priest Late Fr R A F Macarena. The church was opened in 1909 by the then bishop of Mangalore
The church is one of the the awe-inspiring sights in the region. It is an excellent example of Greco-Roman style architecture.