Our Lady of Socorro Church, the third rectory founded by the Franciscans, is located at Socorro
in North Goa District
. The church was built in 1667 and renovated in 1763.
The main altar is dedicated to Our Lady of Socorro. The altars of St Francis of Assisi and St Sebastian can be found here. A monument of Christ the King, built in 1939, is situated in the premises of the church.
The feast of St Sebastian (20th January), the feast of Our Lady of Help (Socorro), (21st November) and the feast of Novem (6th August) are the major festivals celebrated here amid much pomp and splendor.
The Parish of Socorro has 6 chapels namely Our Lady of Rosary, Our Lady of Remedios, Holy Cross Chapel, Saint Sebastian Chapel, Holy Cross Chapel and Our Lady of Candles of Lights.
Mayem Railway Station is the nearest railhead. Local transports are available from Bardez to Socorro.