Minto Park, also known as Madan Mohan Malaviya Park, is located close to
and is to the west of Allahabad Fort
near the Yamuna River
, in Allahabad
. The foundation of the park was laid by Lord Minto in 1910.
It is the spot where the East India Company officially handed over the control of India to the British government in 1858. A stone memorial, with a four-lion symbol, can be seen here.