Mahavir Swami Temple is situated in the ancient pilgrim site of Kumbharia
, just 3 km from Ambaji
. The temple is dedicated to Mahavir
, the last and 24th Tirthankar
of the Jain religion.
The inscription found on the pedestal belonging to the original principal image in the sanctum. The inscription refers to the rendering of the image of 'Tirthadhipa' at Arasana in 1062 AD. The interior of the temple and the ceiling are exquisitely garnished with elaborate and ornate carvings.
Abu Road Railway Station is the nearest railhead, around 20 km from Ambaji.