Keshaveshwara Temple, popularly known as Betteshwara, is situated at Agraharabelguli
in Hassan District
, about 25 km from
. It is an outstanding Hoysala structure with intricate artworks and carvings, consecrated by Kesiraja, a commander under the Hoysala Emperor Ballala II, in 1209.
The main attraction here is the magnificent Keshava image 5 1/2 ft high, installed in the northern Garbhagriha, with four hands each adorned with conch, disc, club and lotus. Within the temple complex lie two spaciously decorated porches where a Nandimantapa is attached with a 4 ft tall Nandi. Another notable feature of the temple is the existence of a two-storied mahadwara of the Hoysala period.