Gopnath Lighthouse is the main attraction of Gopnath
, in Bhavnagar District
. It is situated about 75 km from Bhavnagar
. Named after the Gopnath Mahadev Temple, this is a 30 m high masonry tower with red and white bands. The surroundings of the lighthouse have a calm and serene atmosphere, which is best suited to relax oneself away from the hustle and bustle of the town.
Talaja, a famous Jain center, the Gopnath Beach and Gulf of Khambat are some of the nearby attractions.
Gopnath Lighthouse was commissioned in the year 1879 and was built by Bhavnagar port department. The lighthouse holds an electrical light which has a range of up to 33 km. From the top of the tower one can have a magnificent of the town and the Arabian Sea.