Diwan-e-Khas was the true citadel of power built within the Agra Fort
. Constructed by Shah Jahan
in 1635, it had two thrones on the terrace, one in white marble and one in black slate. This is the hall of private audience where the emperor received important dignitaries or foreign ambassadors. It is decorated with solid gold, silver and precious stones.
The famous Peacock throne was kept here before being shifted to Delhi by Aurangzeb.