Dhuni Mata Shrine is a small temple now enveloped by the mammoth city palace of Udaipur
. It is situated on the eastern shore of the Pichola Lake
. The shrine was built by Maharana Udai Singh II (1557-1572) at a spot that was named an ideal location for Mewar's new capital by a great saint. A wooden railing now protects the site where the holy man had sat.
Udaipur Central Bus Station and Udaipur City Railway Station are the nearest access points.