Church of St Philip Neri is situated at Basrur in the Kundapur taluk, 36 km from the town of Udupi
. This church was completely destroyed by Tipu Sultan in 1784. St Philip Neri was chosen the patron saint as the priests of the congregation of St Philip Neri had offered mass here for 30 years. The present new Church was blessed on November 05, 1996. The Church has a presbytery and cemetery of its own. The Church has nine parish wards. A school is functioning under the Church management.
Nearest railway station:
Kundapura Railway Station