Church of St Joseph is situated in Belman, 48 km north of Mangalore
. San Zuzechi Betkati is the official Parish newsletter. There are 15 parish wards under this Church. The word Belmannu or Belman came from the kannada words 'bili mannu' which means 'white soil'. Belman was part of Shirva parish once. Tipu Sultan had arrested those who had given land for the construction of this Church. They later built the Church at their own cost in 1887. The present church was blessed on May 2, 1933 and is built in the shape of Gloria Church of
St Joseph’s Higher Primary School established in 1896 and a school for the mentally challenged are run by the Church management currently.
Mangalore Central Railway Station and the Mangalore Junction Railway Station are the nearest railway stations. Belman is reachable by road from Mangalore.