Built in 1887 by the renowned Koch King Maharaja Nripendra Narayan, Rajbari is a double storied palace, representing the classical European style of Italian Renaissance. The building occupies an area of 4768 sq m. There are a set of arches placed in an alternate arrangement of narrow and broad piers to contain single and double Corinthian pilasters, in the frontal fašade.
The main entrance is through the Durbar Hall which evokes the memory of St Peter's Church, Rome. It is dodecagonal in shape. The hall rests on four arches supported by huge Corinthian pillars. The inner curves of the dome are relieved in stepped patterns. It is flanked by a small balcony with twelve window openings at the base. The royal insignia is inscribed on the marble floor in the center of the hall.
There are over fifty rooms / halls including the bedrooms, dressing rooms, billiard room, kitchen, dining hall, dancing hall, library, ladies gallery. Some rooms feature beautiful paintings on the ceiling as well as on the interior wall surfaces.