Kora is an ancient township in Fatehpur District
located quite close to Kanpur Nagar District
Kora has a strategic place in the history of Uttar Pradesh. For centuries, it was held by the Gautam Rajas of Argal. When it was assigned by Lord Clive to the emperor Shah Alam in 1765, it became the headquarters of a province under the Muhammadans.
Depleted old buildings, a magnificent tank and a massive pavilion surrounded by huge walls are the chief relics that can be seen inside the town. Jahanabad, about 4 km from Kora, is another place of historical importance.
Kora is located midway between Ghatampur and Bindki. Karbigwan Railway Station, at a distance of 16 km, and C A Kanpur Airport provide easy access.