Sagar Fort is a historic monument located on the north-western bank of Sagar Lake, in the heart of Sagar
, Sagar District
. It was built by Udan Shah, a lineal descendant of Nihal Shah, in 1660.
This huge fort comprises 20 round towers (height ranges from 20 to 40 ft), which are connected by quadrangle-shaped walls, 400 yards in length and 150 yards in width. A lamp post stands on the northern crossing (also called Teen Batti) of the fort.
Now, Sagar Fort is the domain of the Madhya Pradesh Police Academy.