This impressive building was built by Raja Suchet Singh. The king died in 1844, and his wife performed
sati near the fort. A larger platform was built on the place, where the queen performed sati and it is called Samadhi of Maharani.
The fort has beautiful pahari-style wall paintings. It is accessed by a narrow bridge over the moat. In 1972, the fort was taken over by Archaeological Survey of India and renovation.